Friday, February 27, 2009

Hi Mommy!

On Tuesday, while Eli was taking his nap, I showered. While drying my hair I heard a "Hi Mommy"! There stood Eli with a big smile on his face. I was shocked he was out of his crib, so I made him show me how he climbed out. He told me to "Come Mommy, I show you", so I followed him to his room. I put him back into his crib and he climbed out with no problem. He was so proud of himself. Uh oh....it was time for the big boy bed!

When Daddy got home I had Eli show him how he climbed out of his bed. Daddy immediately converted his bed to the toddler bed (Scott's been wanting to do that for a long time). Eli loves the idea of his big boy bed. He loves putting all his blankets in his bed and pretending he's sleeping. I'm having a really hard time with this change. It's now more difficult to get Eli to sleep for naps and in bed at night, and he's been waking much earlier in the morning. I'm not a morning person and I've gotten used to sleeping until at least until 8:00 each morning. Ugh...not any more! Daddy, however, loves this change. He now gets to see Eli each morning before he leaves for work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. They grow too fast..as soon as you think you have it figured out they change again...give it some time and you both will fall into another good routine, just before it's time for another change..Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Michele:>)